Tasty Cauliflower Pasta Recipe (Plant-Based) | Easy & Healthy Vegan Pasta!
Give this video a thumbs up if you enjoyed cooking this recipe ?
▶️ RECIPE INGREDIENTS: (3 to 4 servings)
500g Cauliflower – cut into florets – 4 to 5 cups approximately
190g Pasta / 2 cups – Penne Pasta
3 Tablespoon – Olive Oil
200g / 1+1/2 Cup – Onion
3 to 4 Garlic Cloves / 1/2 Tablespoon approximately – finely chopped
2 Tablespoons – Tomato paste
1/2 cup or as required – Pasta Water (the water you cooked the pasta in)
Salt to taste ( I have added total 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt)
Black pepper to taste – Freshly ground (I have added 1/2 teaspoon)
Lemon juice to taste – Freshly squeezed (I have added 1 tablespoon)
1/4 cup / 10g Parsley – finely chopped
Drizzle of a good quality olive oil (I have added 1 tablespoon of organic cold pressed olive oil)
1/3 cup / 60g Toasted Pine Nuts
▶️ BLANCHING THE CAULIFLOWER:
4 Liters – Water
1 +1/2 Teaspoons – Salt (I have used Pink Himalayan salt)
Start by boing the water, once the water starts boiling vigorously, add the cauliflower to the boiling water very slowly and carefully (you don’t want to burn yourself). Boil for 2 to 3 minute and immediately remove from water and set aside.
Please note, we are just blanching the cauliflower at this point and not cooking it, so it should have a crunch and not be soft – that’s because we will be further cooking it in the pan and we don’t want it to fall apart while frying.
If the cauliflower is young and tender, cook no longer than 2 minutes otherwise you will end up over cooking it. If the cauliflower is mature and though then cook it for 3 minutes.
▶️ COOKING THE PASTA:
Cook the Penne pasta in the same boiling water we used to cook the cauliflower. Cook as per package instructions. Reserve about 1 to 1+1/2 cups of pasta water for later.
▶️ TOASTING THE PINE NUTS:
Dry roast the pine nuts on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Once you start to see brown spots on it remove it from heat immediately on a plate and spread it out to cool down. DONOT leave the pine nuts on the heated pan otherwise you will end up burning it.
▶️ PASTA RECIPE / METHOD:
To a heated pan add the olive oil, onion and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook it until the onions are really soft. Adding salt to onion will release it’s moisture and help it cook faster so please don’t skip it. Once the onion is soft, reduce the heat to low and add the chopped garlic and chilli flakes and fry for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the tomato paste and turn the heat back to medium and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to cook out the raw flavour of the tomato paste. If at any point you notice the pan is getting over heated then reduce the heat. Add the cauliflower and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the cauliflower is nicely fried.
(PLEASE NOTE: Every stove is different so regulate the heat as required. If at any point you notice the pan is getting over heated the reduce the heat, we don’t want to burn the tomato puree)
Add the cooked pasta and mix it well. Add the reserved pasta water and salt to taste and mix well. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or a to desired consistency. Adding the pasta water will remove any bits of the tomato paste that is stuck to the pan and will also create a sauce to coat the pasta.
Once its cooked to your desired consistency, turn off the heat. Add the freshly ground black pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and mix well. Top it with toasted pine nuts and serve hot.
▶️ IMPORTANT TIPS:
– In the process of blanching, add the cauliflower to the boiling water very slowly and carefully, you don’t want to burn yourself
– If the cauliflower is young and tender, cook no longer than 2 minutes otherwise you will end up over cooking it. We are just blanching it at this point and not cooking it, so the cauliflower should have a crunch and not be soft – that’s because we will be further frying it in the pan and we don’t want it to fall apart while frying
– Reserve 1 to 1+1/2 cups of hot pasta water (the water you cooked the pasta in), we will use it to make a sauce to coat the pasta
– Adding 1/4 teaspoon salt to onion will release it’s moisture and help it cook faster so please don’t skip this step
– Every stove is different so regulate the heat as required. If at any point you notice the pan is getting over heated the reduce the heat
– Make sure to cook the tomato paste for 1 to 2 minutes to get rid of the raw flavour before adding the cauliflower
– The garnish completes the dish so please do not skip any of the ingredients
– Use a good quality olive oil, it will enhance the taste of the dish
#pasta #vegan #recipe
Thanks for watching the video Tasty Cauliflower Pasta Recipe (Plant-Based) | Easy & Healthy Vegan Pasta!
|The China Study
|The Power - Rhonda Byrne
|The Starch Solution
|The Magic - Rhonda Byrne
|Crazy Sexy Diet
|Yoga Girl - Rachel Brathen
|The Oh She Glows Cookbook